3.10.2013

Out to Sea

Last fall XO Gigi sent me some fabric from Sarah Jane's newest line, Out to Sea, which is manufactured by Michael Miller Fabrics.  Gorgeous!!


These fabrics are not only printed on a high quality quilting cotton, but the colors, the illustrations...they are just so beautiful.  I pondered for so long what I wanted to make with these fabrics and knew that I wanted it to be something that I could look at every day and really enjoy the fabrics the way they are meant to be enjoyed.

I have mentioned before that I previously wasn't the biggest fan of table runners, but they have really grown on me.  I decided to do a strip-style so I could use bigger pieces of the fabric...making sure that the whole pattern was visable. 



Backed with a white matelasse, this piece turned out gorgeous.  I put it in my sewing room and that has turned out to be the most perfect place to enjoy it.  I hope you are inspired to create something new today!



Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment