4.23.2015

Product Review: Dryer Balls

While browsing one day, I came across some Laura Ashley dryer balls in Marshall's.  I was intrigued to say the least!!  The package claimed several things, one of which was very, very dear to my heart: no chemicals.  They are meant to replace dryer sheets and softeners.

I have a daughter (and myself) who has reactions to many things in her environment.  She was diagnosed young with eczema, but I came to realize that wasn't the case.  Her symptoms would come and go, sometimes very severe.  I soon realized that she had skin allergies.  Anyway....the dryer balls aren't coated with any chemicals, softeners, fragrances, etc.  They're just hard plastic balls.



So, I'm standing in Marshall's, wondering how these plastic balls are going to help me save money, energy and best of all, give me a life with a few less chemicals in it.  The package says that the balls bounce around and separate your laundry while in the dryer, making it more efficient.

I've used them for about 4 months now and I'm very pleased.  My daughter itches much less now and that makes me a happy mama.  At first I noticed a bit of static on some items, but that seems to have resolved itself.  I honestly couldn't be happier that I tried this product!

There are lots of different versions of the balls, many of which are wool.  You can even add essential oils to them if that's something you want to do.  Here is a great tutorial on the Live Simply blog that shows you step by step instructions on how to create these wonderful, colorful balls.

I know there are moms out there that are struggling with eczema or allergies in their families.  I'm here to tell you this is one step closer to your goal.

Happy Spring!
Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment